Terms and Conditions
By booking a tour with The Heart of Southern Italy, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
- Tour prices are set per person in Euros and are based on double occupancy, meaning for two people sharing a room. If you request a single-occupancy room, a single supplement of €450 will be added to the regular tour price.
- A deposit of €350 per traveler is required to book a tour. Deposits are fully refundable for up to 21 days, no questions asked, if you change your mind. Keep in mind that after this time deposits will no longer be refundable. Reservations will be confirmed upon our receipt of the deposit.
- Payments can be made via bank transfer or credit card. The Heart of Southern Italy is not responsible for transaction fees charged by banks or other wire transfer companies and those incurred fees must be paid by the traveler. The entire deposit amount requested must be paid in order to confirm your reservation.
- Payment of 50% of the remaining balance is due 45 days before the start of the tour, and the final 50% must be paid within two weeks of the tour start date.
- Reservations made without payment in full as of maximum 15 days prior to the date of a tour will be subject to cancellation and forfeiture of deposit.
- Please note that breakfasts in Europe do not usually include American breakfast items such as pancakes, waffles, omelets, ham, eggs, etc. Instead, typical breakfast usually includes buffet-style breakfasts including fruit, toast, cookies, pastries, milk, coffee and tea. If you have special dietary needs please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to ensure that they are taken care of.
- Lunches and dinners, when included, consist of a regional appetizer and main course, still or sparkling water, and bread. Wine is included when indicated. Guests are free to order more if they feel so inclined, but please note that anything above and beyond what’s included will be at guests’ expense.
- We can accommodate most dietary requests, so please let us know if you have special dietary needs at the time of booking.
- Full refunds will be made only if The Heart of Southern Italy cancels a tour.
- The Heart of Southern Italy cannot and will not refund or re-apply payments or deposits in the event of a cancellation by a traveler.
- Cancellations due to medical reasons can only be covered by your travel insurance carrier.
- We strongly advise that you purchase travel insurance to protect yourself in the event that you need to cancel your reservation.
Refunds and Adjustments
- There will be no refunds for any unused portion of the tour.
- The Heart of Southern Italy strives to provide top-quality services for small groups, and as such, must guarantee payment to all those involved in the rendering of our tour services, such as drivers, guides and hotel owners. Therefore, refunding or re-applying deposits or payments in the event of cancellations made by travelers is not possible as we must realize our stipulated itinerary for those who still have reservations as well as honor payments to our suppliers.
- As such, we again strongly urge clients to purchase travel insurance that includes emergency evacuation and repatriation as well as health coverage while traveling abroad with us to Southern Italy. Some credit cards like Capital One Venture already include travel insurance when you book the trip using their card. Otherwise, you can get a plan for around $50-$75 for the duration of your stay. We recommend World Nomads; you can get a quote in less than a minute at their website . Otherwise you can consult your travel agent to purchase the necessary insurance to protect yourself in the event of an emergency, catastrophe, unexpected illness, or death.
- Should there be any problems during your trip that are not satisfactorily resolved by our driver or guide, you must contact The Heart of Southern Italy during your stay so that adjustments can be made immediately.
- If you wish to modify the tour in any way, we will do our best to accommodate requests. However, all changes will depend on availability, and we reserve the right to charge an adjustment fee. Tour change requests will be considered at the discretion of The Heart of Southern Italy and must be submitted 30 days prior to the tour.
- The Heart of Southern Italy reserves the right to use photographs of clients taken during tours in our promotional materials without compensation or advanced notice. If you desire that a specific picture of you not be used, please contact us and we will remove the picture from our promotional materials.
- It is the responsibility of the traveler to obtain valid passports, visas and other necessary travel documents. Please check with your local embassy or consulate.
- The Heart of Southern Italy cannot accept responsibility if you are refused access to a country due to improper documentation.
- The Heart of Southern Italy and its representatives shall not be responsible for any expense or liability resulting from labor disputes, war, acts of terrorism, government restraints, weather conditions, sickness, or any other cause beyond their control.
- The Heart of Southern Italy and its representatives reserve the right to accept or refuse any person as a participant of any tour if circumstances so demand.
- The Heart of Southern Italy reserves the right to change itineraries and/or substitute services or accommodations of equal quality (in case of particular problems) without prior notification.